Weather Costalegre






Tel: 001-(778)-403-2160

(Proof of citizenship)

pass portsCanadians use to enter Mexico using only their Birth Certificate and Picture Identification (drivers license, etc.), but due to the heightened security at airports a passport is now required.

 A Passport is recognized worldwide as absolute proof of citizenship. This makes clearing customs easy and will be invaluable if you encounter any legal or domestic problems with Mexican officials. A valid Passport or proof of citizenship is also required for re-entry into Canada. 

If you already have a passport, make sure it does not expire during the time you are on holiday in Mexico since it cannot be renewed out of the country.

It is recommended that friends or couples traveling together carry a copy of the other persons passport in case of loss (copy picture & passport number data page).  Leave a copy at home with friends or relatives and if traveling alone keep a copy separated from your passport.

If you loose your passport, immediately inform the nearest Canadian Consulate/Embassy and report the loss to local police.  The Mexican government does not like missing passports floating around.  Having a copy of your passport will speed replacement. 

Canadian Passports can now be validated for either 5 or 10 years.  Applications are available at Passport Offices across Canada and at post offices Canada Post Corporation.

There are separate applications for adults and children under sixteen years old.  You must apply by mail, courier or in person at one of the offices listed above or download a Passport Application

Your application must be signed by an authorized professional guarantor who has personally know you for at least two years, and include two certified passport photos and proof of citizenship.

Canadian Passport Office Telephone Numbers
OTTAWA-HULL  Local (819).994.3500   Toll Free (800).567.6868
MONTRÉAL  (514).283.2152
TORONTO  (416).973.3251
VANCOUVER  (604).586.2500
TTY (hard of hearing) Ottawa-Hull (819).994.3560  Toll Free (800).255.7655
TOLL FREE (Info Machine) 1.800.567.6868

Consular Affairs Bureau (Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade) OTTAWA-HULL  Local (613).944.6788   Toll Free (800).276.6788

Canadian Passport Web Site  
United States Passport Web Site

Note: After you receive your passport, remember to sign it on page three with an ink pen.  Parents must not sign the passport of a child who cannot write.  Canadian Passports remain at all times the property of the government of Canada and may only be used by the persons to whom they have been issued.  It is a criminal offence to let anyone else use your passport.  Always keep your passport with you at all times.  Never leave it unattended in your baggage, hotel room, or rental car.  When transiting customs, have your passport open on page two so that the customs agent can quickly scan the machine-readable code, which will expedite your passage.


Costalegre    Customs


Off Canvas

Essential SSL

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.