Only Tours – ATV Tours Here is the information about
our ATV Tours.
• Meet at my place 15 minutes prior to start of tour for
instructions on ATV operating features and safety procedures.
• Receive a brief description of the tour.
• The tours are approximately 3.5 hours in length but can be
customized for duration and terrain at your group’s (minimum 4)
• Some of the ATVs are equipped to ride two people comfortably.
• Helmets, bandanas and goggles are available.
These are fully guided tours designed and tailored to your
experience and abilities riding an ATV. I’ve been operating
tours in the area since 1997 and I’m familiar with all the
area’s terrain. You’ll explore ranch country, rivers,
dunes and less- populated beaches with time allowed for photos,
swimming or further exploring and hiking if requested. The
ATV fleet is modern and routinely maintained for safety and
reliability along the trails.
We can also custom design a tour at your request. I have
extensive knowledge of the Jalisco terrain surrounding the
Melaque/Barra area and beyond.
These ATV excursions have become very popular with visitors over
the last few years with many people booking more than once.
Their feedback has been very favourable. We respect our
neighbors when riding through the few populated areas and along
the beach. Our priority is for our clients to have fun and enjoy
the many scenic areas that are off the usual tourist paths.
The Only Tours – Colima Volcano
Here are the specifics for the Colima tour.
• Depart from my house
in Melaque at 7:00am.
• Bathroom (baño) break around halfway mark.
• Arrive in downtown Colima around 9:30am for breakfast.
and orient you during breakfast about the buildings, parks,
museums, churches and points of interest in Colima. (shops open
You have a couple of hours to explore Colima on
your own (I have maps available).
• We meet at 12:30pm and head to
the Hacienda de Nogueras.
This is the only museum I specifically
take you to and guide you through each section.
• From there, we
head toward the volcano and climb (in the van of course) to
about 5000 feet where you’ll see the changing vegetation and
• Depart the van for a view and photo opportunity of the
• Drive to the town of Comala around 3:15pm for
lunch and mariachi music on the town square (Jardín) with some
free time to wander around.
• Depart Colima around 5:00pm and back
in Melaque at 7:00pm by an alternate route for different views.
I’ll give you information of everything you see along our drive
to Colima. The trip passes through towns and agricultural areas
of Jalisco and Colima states. You’ll see plantations, salt
making facilities, brick making and many more sights particular
to the area. I am very familiar with the landscape and can
answer your questions…often before you ask them! Many of my
clients mentioned how elated they were with the quality of this
tour and how it exceeded their expectations.
The Only Tours – Beach Tour
Here are the details for the snorkeling and boogie boarding
• Depart from my house in Melaque at 10:00am (I supply
all the snorkeling and boogie board gear, beach mats, shade,
cooler and ice)
• You supply drinks, snacks, packed lunch, bathing suits
• Arrive in Tenacatita around 10:45am
• I will guide you into the water around the coral reef
and help you navigate and spot the various fish in these waters
• Depart for Boca de Iguanas and boogie boarding
• Depart Boca and head for La Manzanilla to check out the
• Arrive back in Melaque around 5:00pm
This is a great tour for all ages. From snorkeling to boogie
boarding and exploring the coral reefs of Tenacatita. Years ago
a few caiman (fresh water crocodiles) were introduced to the
area and today there are many of them in the 14 foot range in
the brackish water around La Manzanilla. This 8 hour day
trip will introduce you to all of this. All of your water
gear is supplied for this one, or bring your own if you have it.
The reefs around Tenacatita abound with fish and coral delights.